SPS Eng. personnel have extensive experience working with major battery manufacturers to tailor battery banks to the needs of the application. Whatever the source or size of your power protection system, we will design and install a customised battery installation to provide the required autonomy and fit the available space. We will also observe best practice in the design of multiple strings, fuses and transition boxes to ensure that the batteries do not represent a single point of failure in your UPS system.
- Checking the open-circuit battery and UPS float voltages.
- Inspecting the physical condition of terminals and connections.
- Logging battery impedance to predict the end of the batteries’ useful life.
- SPS Eng. offer Condition monitoring on VRLA, Flooded cell and NiCad cells.
- Maintenance contract holders also benefit from a dedicated page on the extranet to view results and recommendations.
Battery Condition Monitoring
SPS Eng. supply our customers with an internal resistance battery test, where each individual battery is tested with a current, assessing resistance levels. These periodic measurements are recorded to condition monitor the batteries. Using this information SPS Eng. engineers can make knowledgeable recommendations on the future performance of the battery.
Replacement and disposal of batteries is strictly governed by COSHH regulations and must be carried out by licensed disposal companies, following prescribed methods. SPS Eng. are experienced in ecologically acceptable removal and disposal of UPS systems and consumable parts, from batteries to complete power systems.